Whether it is the 4th of July or not, who doesn’t like a great barbecue? Moreover, everyone wants to set the best grill in their backyard for two reasons. First of all, you don’t compromise with the barbecue and Secondly, if you do not have that so-called fun with the gathering, at least you can still have the best barbecue.
If you are having such a barbecue in your backyard, or are invited to one, we hope you have a great time. However, if you don’t have such an invitation or do, we would still love to invite you for the first season of American Barbecue Showdown, and we are sure it’s going to be epic.
The American Barbecue Showdown is a Food & Travel TV show, which is as exciting as it is an emotional culinary Reality-TV competition. Moreover, in the show, there are the country’s eight best backyard smokers and barbecuers. Above all, they will fight for the title of the Showdown’s Champion.!
Furthermore, you can say American BBQ showdown joins the likes of Chef’s Table, Nailed It!, and Ugly Delicious on the Netflix dinner table.
Release Date for Season 1:
Netflix is going to make the worldwide release of the upcoming American Barbecue Showdown Season 1. To sum up, coming Friday, 18th September 2020, is the show’s premiere’s official release date.
You may also read Dragon’s Dogma: Release Date, Plot, Cast & Characters
Cast/Host for The Show:
The stars or, to be clear, the host of this mouth-watering show are:
- Lyric Lewis is an actress and writer. On 14th May 1985, she was born in New Orleans, Louisiana. Best known for her work AP Bio (2018), Take One (2018), and Girlfriend’s Day (2017). Will host the American Barbecue Showdown’s first season.
- Rutledge Wood is the other host. In the past, he was a TV show host and an auto racing analyst. He was the host for NASCAR Trackside and Speed Road Tour Challenge in 2007 until 2013. Above all, he is known for hosting History’s Top Gear along with Adam Ferrara and Tanner Foust, which premiered on 21st November 2010.
List of the Competitors:
The country’s best eight barbecuers contesting for the first season’s fight for the title of American Barbecue Showdown are as follows:
- James “Boatright” from St. Louis, Missouri.
- Tina Cannon from Newnan, Georgia.
- Georgia Chasen from Rockville, Maryland.
- Michael Collins, “Shotgun” from Fayetteville, North Carolina.
- Sylvie Curry from Ramona, California.
- James “Grubbs” from Blairsville, Georgia.
- Rasheed Philips from Atlanta, Georgia.
- Ashley Thompson from Benson, North Carolina.
Judges for The Show:
When the show has such high standards, what can you expect from the judges? The two judges for the first season of the showdown are:
- Melissa Cookston is the owner of the Memphis BBQ Company. Furthermore, she has won the title of the world barbecue champion and that too seven-times.
- Kevin Bludso is the founder of Bludso’s BBQ, one of the best BBQ joints in Los Angeles.
You may also read MeatEater Season 9: Release Date, Introduction & Show’s History
The Plot for The Show:
To challenge and test the contestants’ barbecue skills, Cookston and Bludso will provide the barbecuers with the task they couldn’t even imagine in their dreams. To smoke another day, they need to prove their skills and creativity.
Maverick TV USA and All3Media America are the producers of the American Barbecue Showdown. Moreover, Tim Pastore, John Hesling, Daniel Calin, and Simon Knight are the executive producers.
Let’s see what John Hesling, the President of Maverick TV USA, says about the American Barbecue Showdown, and I quote: “Competition doesn’t get more delicious than in the world of barbecue, especially when it comes to our eight hopeful pitmasters as they stoke their flames against each other, and the clock, to be crowned American Barbecue Champion,“
Furthermore, he explained what we would get to watch in the first season of the showdown by adding the following statement: “Distinct flavors, techniques, creativity and humor are all on display as our barbecue competitors are put to the test in the hottest battle they’ve ever faced in American Barbecue Showdown.“
That is to stay, we are too excited about the show’s release. What about you?