Today, we are having the IPL season opener, at the Sheikh Zayed Cricket Stadium, in Abu Dhabi. Where Mumbai Indians being the defending champions, are facing the fan-favorite Chennai Super Kings in a blockbuster opening at 19:30 IST (14:00 GMT). It is the first match of the total twenty matches that will be held in Abu Dhabi. With Chris Gaffaney, Virender Sharma as Umpires. The third Umpire is Sundaram Ravi, and the match Referee is Manu Nayyar.
The Winner of the Toss:
Chennai Super Kings picked to bowl after winning the toss. So, we got Chennai Super Kings on the field. Whereas Rohit Sharma (C) was the opening batsman for Mumbai Indians and Quinton de Kock (W) joined him as the non-striker. At the same time, the first over was bowled by Deepak Chahar.
Today’s Line-up for the First Inning:
Mumbai Indians‘ line-up for the first inning of the season opener:
- Rohit Sharma (C)
- Quinton de Kock (W)
- Suryakumar Yadav
- Saurabh Tiwary
- Krunal Pandya
- Hardik Pandya
- Kieron Pollard
- James Pattinson
- Rahul Chahar
- Trent Boult
- Jasprit Bumrah
Team Members of the Fielding Team for First Inning:
We have Chennai Super Kings and Mumbai Indians as today’s tournament rivals. And all the team-members of the bowling team for the first inning are:
Chennai Super Kings
- MS Dhoni (C) (W),
- Ambati Rayudu
- Deepak Chahar
- Faf du Plessis
- Kedar Jadhav
- Lungi Ngidi
- Murali Vijay
- Ravindra Jadeja
- Shane Watson
- Sam Curran
- Piyush Chawla
Batting Performance for the First Inning:
Following is the performance report of the Chennai Super Kings batting in the first inning and their score:
- Rohit Sharma (C) scored 12 runs from 10 balls and got caught by Sam Curran, while the bowler was Piyush Chawla.
- Quinton de Kock scored 33 runs from 20 balls and got caught by Shane Watson, while the bowler was Sam Curran.
- Suryakumar Yadav scored 17 runs from 16 balls and got caught by Sam Curran, while the bowler was Deepak Chahar.
- Saurabh Tiwary scored 42 runs from 31 balls and got caught by Faf du Plessis, while the bowler was Ravindra Jadeja.
- Hardik Pandya scored 14 runs from 10 balls and got caught by Faf du Plessis, while the bowler was Ravindra Jadeja.
- Krunal Pandya scored three runs from 3 balls and got caught by MS Dhoni, while the bowler was Lungi Ngidi.
- Kieron Pollard scored 18 runs from 14 balls and got caught by MS Dhoni, while the bowler was Lungi Ngidi.
- James Pattinson scored 11 runs from 8 balls and got caught by Faf du Plessis, while the bowler was Lungi Ngidi.
- Trent Boult got bowled by Deepak Chahar on his first ball.
- Rahul Chahar, not out.
- Jasprit Bumrah, not out.
Bowling Performance for the First Inning:
In the first inning, Chennai Super Kings chose to bowl, and the performance card of their bowler is as below:
- Deepak Chahar bowled for four over and gave a total of 32 runs while scoring two wickets.
- Sam Curran bowled for four over and gave a total of 28 runs while scoring 1 wicket.
- Lungi Ngidi bowled for four over and gave a total of 31 runs while scoring three wickets.
- Piyush Chawla bowled for four over and gave a total of 21 runs while scoring 1 wicket.
- Ravindra Jadeja bowled for four over and gave a total of 42 runs while scoring two wickets.
There was no, NO-ball during the first inning.
The Scoreboard at the End of First Inning:
At the end of the first inning, we have the scoreboard as Mumbai Indians: 162/9 (20). Furthermore, now Chennai Super Kings have to chase the target of 163runs in the next inning. Let’s see what happens?
What to expect from the Second Inning?
We have seen a furious battle in the first inning, and it is to continue after a short break. Moreover, we can’t be sure how things will turn up in the second inning. And that’s the whole point why we were waiting for the IPL.
Will Mumbai Indians take back control from Chennai Super Kings? Or Chennai Super Kings will still be able to keep their dominance on Mumbai Indians?
It is just a matter of a few minutes. When IPL starts airing again in a short while, all the answers to these questions will reveal themselves.