After the first inning of the IPL season opener, at the Sheikh Zayed Cricket Stadium, in Abu Dhabi. In the second inning, Chennai Super Kings came to bat against the bowling and fielding of Mumbai Indians. Umpires for this first match of the total twenty matches that will be held in Abu Dhabi are Chris Gaffaney, Virender Sharma, and the third Umpire is Sundaram Ravi. Meanwhile, the match Referee is Manu Nayyar.
Today’s Line-up for the Second Inning:
Chennai Super Kings‘ line-up for the second inning of the season opener is as follows:
- Murali Vijay
- Shane Watson
- Faf du Plessis
- Ambati Rayudu
- Kedar Jadhav
- MS Dhoni (C) (W),
- Ravindra Jadeja
- Sam Curran
- Deepak Chahar
- Piyush Chawla
- Lungi Ngidi
Team Members of the Fielding Team for the Second Inning:
For the second inning, we have Mumbai Indians on the field as fielders, and they have the following team members on the field:
- Rohit Sharma (C)
- Rahul Chahar
- Hardik Pandya
- Krunal Pandya
- Quinton de Kock (W)
- James Pattinson
- Suryakumar Yadav
- Saurabh Tiwary
- Kieron Pollard
- Trent Boult
- Jasprit Bumrah
Batting Performance for the Second Inning:
Following is the performance report of the Chennai Super Kings batting in the second inning:
- Murali Vijay scored one run from seven balls and got lbw, while the bowler was James Pattinson.
- Shane Watson scored four runs from five balls and got lbw, while the bowler was Trent Boult.
- Ambati Rayudu scored 71 runs from 48 balls and got caught by Rahul Chahar, while the bowler was Rahul Chahar himself.
- Ravindra Jadeja scored ten runs from five balls and got lbw, while the bowler was Krunal Pandya.
- Sam Curran scored eighteen runs from six balls and got by James Pattinson, while the bowler was Jasprit Bumrah.
- Faf du Plessis scored 58 runs from 44 balls while he was not out.
- MS Dhoni (C) (W) played only two balls, scoring 0 runs, but remained not out.
You may also read IPL Match 01, MI vs CSK, The Scoreboard after First Inning?
Bowling Performance for the First Inning:
In the second inning, Mumbai Indians were the ones bowling, and the performance card of their bowler is as below:
- Trent Boult bowled for three overs & 2 balls and gave a total of 23 runs while scoring one wicket.
- James Pattinson bowled for four overs and gave a total of 27 runs while scoring one wicket.
- Jasprit Bumrah bowled for four overs and gave a total of 43 runs while scoring one wicket.
- Krunal Pandya bowled for four overs and gave a total of 37 runs while scoring one wicket.
- Rahul Chahar bowled for four overs and gave a total of 36 runs while scoring one wicket.
There was one, NO-ball, during the second inning, and it was from Jasprit Bumrah. Meanwhile, in the second inning of the match, each bowler scored a single wicket.
The Scoreboard at the End of Second Inning:
At the end of the second inning, we have the scoreboard as:
- Chennai Super Kings: 166/5 (20)
- Mumbai Indians: 162/9 (20).
Winner of the First Match of IPL 2020:
We have Chennai Super Kings as the clear winner of the first match of IPL by five wickets. Mumbai Indians, the defending champions, have lost the match. May they have better luck next time.
We are eagerly waiting for the second match of the IPL and to tell you all about it. Are you excited about it? Do share your thoughts and excitement about the IPL 2020 with us through our comment section.